Tuesday, January 14, 2014

What I'm Reading This Month-January Edition!

So; as apart of my "renovation" process for 2014, I chose to bring mainly books that edify or teach me things to my reading list! Being the nerd I am, I have a pretty good start on what I want to read this month/year! It's hard to divide it up :)
Ashley over at Christian Wife Life is having a monthly link up with other bloggers as well as a pretty sweet giveaway, so follow this link: What I'm Reading Link Up and link your blog post (or comment on her post if you don't have a blog) and let everyone know what books are on your hit list!


First on my list:
I am a huge Karen Kingsbury fan, and I have never found a single book of hers that didn't leave me wanting another one. This book, I have been hearing lots about! Music + my favorite author = one excited me :)









2.


Obviously I have read this book before, but I wanted to re-read it as I am in a classics mood lately. Plus, it just seems like a "wintery" book.







3.
So I have been hearing a bunch about this book as well, and I saw it at my local thrift store, and decided to give it a shot. I have heard Francis Chan speak at the One Thing Conference 2013, via my lovely laptop, and loooveddd what he had to say. Another radical approach to the Word. Which I can always appreciate.







My reading list this month is a little short, because we are almost halfway through January already! Can you believe it? My favorite book from last month/year however was : Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. I have never felt the presence of God like I did reading this book. This is the most amazing book on my shelf. Can't wait to see what you all choose for your January reading lists! :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay so those are three of my FAVORITE books of all time! Haha. :) I haven't read the Karen Kingsbury one, but I've definitely read the others. So, so good. This makes me want to read them again! Especially Redeeming Love. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete