Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013 and my Word of the Year 2014.

I don't know about you, but this year has been..crazy. My life has changed in every possible way! Looking back, I can see that all my struggles for this year have been the Grace of God, and have made me a better person. But, when they were happening..I seriously thought my world was ending.
In the year 2013:
  • I found out I was pregnant!
  • Due to said pregnancy, I gained a little thing called hyperemesis..and non stop sickness, multiple hospital stays, and I lost 25 pounds.
  • I was deemed "unreliable" and stepped down from my newly acquired position at work.
  • I got to fulfill one of my hearts desires-becoming a stay at home wife and soon to be mom <3
  • My husband got laid off work shortly after, and I learned that valuable lesson of frugality very quickly.
Through all those things, especially my sickness I have never felt the Love of God so deep. ( I'll share my full testimony later). So, this year I made a choice to focus on one word and let that word define my year. I did take this quite seriously, and prayed about it. The word that resonated with me the most was the word "renovate".

 “Though outwardly we are wasting away,” wrote the apostle Paul, “inwardly we are being renewed (or renovated) day by day.”  

That is my focus for 2014. To let God renovate me. To let the Word, worship, and prayer become who I am. To focus on being healthy and let my body be renovated. To completely renovate my relationship with my husband. To renovate my home life, and my finances. 

I am so ready to get started with 2014 :)

Ready to let God have your year? Link up over at One Word 365, comment and let me know your word, and if there is any way I can be an encouragement to you, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment